So… we have decked the halls and spun the dreidel and now it is time to look back and reflect on the year gone by. Here are some manner mis-haps that might help get you started on that New Year’s resolution list!
Not in any particular order, mind you, but we have hit the highlights or low-lights as you will see…
- RSVP…do you know what that means? Well lots of people missed that memo when a company sit down dinner party ended up with 96 extra guests! Read the full RSVP story.
- Being mindful/considerate of personal space… Ever heard of “Manspreading”? Well it started making news from the inconsiderate practice of men taking up more than one seat on NYC subways. Read the entire Manspreading article.
- Respect our military… Several Presidents have been inadvertently inconsiderate when it came to protocol when greeting our military. We have always said multi-tasking is overrated! Read the whole Obama Coffee Salute article.
- Did you know that more than 65% of all business conducted happens during a meal?…Well we are taught to not talk with our mouth full and at this year’s Nathan’s Hot Dog eating contest, there was no time for talking!
- Respect for one another… Laurence Sternes said “Respect for ourselves guides our morals, respect for others guide our manners”. Tell that to Donald Sterling, Ray Rice and Bill Cosby!
- Proper dress will lead to success… Fashion faux pas were abundant this year, but one we thought was the most glaring and daring, and for her audience… inappropriate! Find out who here: NewsDay’s Celebrities Behaving Badly
- Social Media has a loud voice… Your questionable actions, which 5 years ago may have flown under the radar, now have wings thanks to Social Media. Toys R Us and Breaking Bad action figures, seemed like a Bad idea, well most of you thought so too.
Let us know the biggest infractions that you found newsworthy this year! Share with us on Facebook or Twitter!
Thank you for engaging and we wish you’all a happy and healthy New Year…
Lisa and Demetria
Co-founders- Mother, May I