So… we have decked the halls and spun the dreidel and now it is time to look back and reflect on the year gone by…
Here are some manner mis-haps that might help you jumpstart that New Year’s RE-invention list!
Not in any particular order, mind you, but we have hit the highlights or low-lights as you will see…
- Respect the word integrity…do you know what that means? Webster’s definition: the quality of being honest and fair… C.S. Lewis was quoted as saying “Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching”. Tell Tom Brady from the New England Patriots that deflate-gate is not great!
- Being respectful in politics…Clearly we all don’t see eye to eye when it comes to the political arena, but having the improper body language can make an emotionally charge conversation even more explosive. Tell President Obama & Vladimir Putin that.
- Respect being a “good sport”… Swiss plainclothes police entered the annual meeting of FIFA, soccer’s global governing body. FIFA executives accused of bribery and corruption. Now that is not setting a good example for any sport.
- Respect for one another… Laurence Sternes said “Respect for ourselves guides our morals, respect for others guide our manners”. So a Taco Bell executive, Benjamin Golden , 32, was taken into custody after beating up his Uber driver! The video already has half a million views on YouTube
- Respect your neighbor… Tell that to actor Tom Selleck who is accused of stealing truck-loads of water from a public hydrant and delivering the precious resource to his 60-acre ranch where he is said to grow avocados.
- Respect in public places…Pop Star Ariana Grande, after video surfaced, appears to show her licking doughnuts at a shop in California. Local police said the 22-year-old singer and a friend appear to “maliciously lick” the doughnuts that a clerk says they did not pay for.
Did you know that more than 65% of all business conducted happens during a meal?…Well we are taught to not talk with our mouth full and at this year’s Nathan’s Hot Dog eating contest, there was no time for talking!
Social Media has a loud voice… Your questionable actions, which 5 years ago may have flown under the radar, now have wings thanks to Social Media. Public shaming trend growing on social media is a bad idea. Tell Donald Trump that! #benice!
So as we bid farewall to 2015, we hope that Mother, May I has enlightened you’all on what to do when it comes to professional protocol and mindful manners.
Thank you for engaging and we wish you’all a happy and healthy New Year…
Lisa and Demetria
Co-founders- Mother, May I